Robin Johns Grant, the Queen of Perseverance herself, has tagged me. This means I must tell eight things about myself. And since I like to talk, that shouldn't be too hard. :-)
1. I make the most incredible dessert, Strawberry Almond Torte, with layers of meringue and chocolate, whipped cream and strawberries. Mmmmm. But I only make it during strawberry season.
2. I was meant to be a writer. . .
3. . . . because I grew up just about forty miles from Monroeville, Alabama, hometown of Harper Lee, author of To Kill a Mockingbird. AND my maiden name was Lee. We probably aren't related, but who knows?
4. And my dad was named after the famous western writer, Zane Grey.
5. I love the middle ages. Ivanhoe was one of my favorite books.
6. I used to teach hearing impaired kids in North Georgia. Then I ran away and became a missionary. :-)
7. There were only 33 people in my high school graduating class.
8. I fainted at my first writers conference. Right there in front of a roomful of almost 400 people. While the emcee, Brandilyn Collins, was talking. When I came to I could hear her praying for me as I lay on the floor! Very weird experience. It was very embarrassing later, but at the time, especially while being taken to the waiting ambulance, I just kept thinking, Boy, I hope I remember how all this feels! I'll surely need to use this in a book some day!
Well, there you have it. Eight not-so-earth-shattering things about me.
Now I must tag eight other people. Hmmm. I don't think I know eight people who have blogs! I tag Jamie, April G, April E, Tracy Ruckman, Mary Connealy. When I think of three more I'll tag them too!