Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Scarlet Trefoil by L.A. Kelly


The Scarlet Trefoil is a great adventure/love story, continuing the saga of Tahn Dorn. Oh my goodness, if you haven't read Tahn, the first book in the series, you must read it. Tahn is one of the most memorable--and one of my very favorite--characters of all time. Saying a lot, isn't it? You really should read Tahn by L.A. Kelly.

In The Scarlet Trefoil, Tahn once again must save those he loves from evil men. His fiance is kidnapped on the night before their wedding. Tahn's selflessness is heroic and knows no bounds. He will not allow anyone he loves to suffer for long.

I don't want to give anything away. I will say that if you are very averse to violence, you may not want to read this book. There are some scenes that are difficult to read. I'm definitely on the squeamish side myself, but I still liked The Scarlet Trefoil. If you haven't read Tahn, read it. The setting of this series has a medieval flavor, but the places and names are fantasy. It's unusual in Christian fiction to have that combination, but the first book in the series was published several years ago. Perhaps publishers weren't so cut and dried about what they would and wouldn't publish back then. I'm not sure. But it's worth reading.

The next book I review is also quite unusual. I won't spoil the surprise, but be sure to check in again soon. And don't forget to leave comments to win Deborah Raney's latest book.

3 comments:

Robin Johns Grant said...

I hadn't heard of these books before, but I definitely need to check them out. I don't understand why no one wants to publish the medieval time period. It's fascinating, to me.

Anonymous said...

I would love to read these books. I run three book club so I'm always looking for very good material for the ladies in my group. I also have give aways too. Thanks for entering me to win this book.
Nora St.Lauret
music-mama@fredstlaurent.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Tahn series! The second book- Return to Alaistar is really good too. My friend's aunt actually wrote the books. She was an amazing person. Her and one of her kids actually got into a car wreck and died a few years ago. Her stories live on as a testimony to her love for Christ. Praise God that she was able to glorify Him even in her passing.