Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Great New Medieval Series


I'm so excited about this new medieval series by award-winning Christian historical writer, Lisa T. Bergren. I'm on the blog tour, so I'll be posting an interview with Lisa on September 10th. You won't want to miss that. And as soon as I finish reading it--which won't take long!--I'll post a review.

Lisa got the idea for the book series after reading The DaVinci Code. She loved the pacing, mystery, and suspense of that book, but hated the heresy. She asked her friends who were very knowledgeable of Scripture to suggest a good biblical mystery, and two mentioned the "previous letters" Paul referred to in 1 Corinthians. That was the beginning of her plot.

If you like mystery and suspense, or if you like medievals, you will want to check out this series. Come back in a couple days to get my review. It has already impressed me as a very powerful story.

2 comments:

Robin Johns Grant said...

Sounds really good. I've been hoping someone could take the elements of the DaVinci Code that made it a success and do something worthwhile with it.

Mimi in MN said...

This sounds like a good read! Thank you for taking the time to read these books and give reviews. It will certainly weed out a lot of books for us readers!