Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Life, Unscripted by Tricia Goyer





I don't usually review nonfiction books, but this book by Tricia Goyer (see pic, top right) makes me want to spread the word.

What a great book for teens and young adults! I wish I’d read this book about 20 years ago. It’s so hard being a Christian young person in today’s society, being bombarded with peer pressure, media pressure, even parental pressure. This book will help those in their teens and early twenties figure out how to deal with the bad influences and actually take control of their lives and live them according to God’s plan.

My Life, Unscripted gives practical tips on how to mold your thinking, and ultimately your actions, in the direction you want to go. Tricia gives lots of Bible verses about how to live wisely in a crooked and (very) depraved generation. This book will help you steer around the dangers and mistakes that are so prevalent in the teen years.

I highly recommend this book to all youth workers, teens, and young adults. It is packed with real-life scenarios, as well as activities, that will get teens to think about their own thought patterns and the possibility that they might be headed for trouble. It will show them how to plan ahead for situations that may arise in which they will need to make a well-thought-out decision. It’s all about making wise choices and decisions. In the back of the book, youth leaders will find discussion questions perfect for small groups.

This book is a real god-send.

If you want to know more about this great author and her many books, check out Tricia's website.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Okay, I really think I'm gonna have to go get this book by Tricia Goyer - I can think of a bunch of teens right now that could use it! But since your not giving it away right now :-) Will you enter me for Boo Humbug instead?

Janna ryanx6@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I just read on the ACFW book club loop that you are giving away a copy of the Christmas Boo book. I really can't figure out where I'm suppose to leave a message. So, If you read this before you go away I would like to put my name in for the drawing.
Thanks Have a good vacation.
Nora :)
music-mama@fredstlaurent.com

Trish Perry said...

Yes, I'm entering for Boo Humbug as well, but I have to say, I was happy to pick up Tricia's book at ACFW in Dallas this year. I've been asked to write for the 16-23-year-old crowd. I think My Life, Unscripted would be a good read for novelists writing for youth, as well as the other readers you mentioned, Melanie. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Trish

Tricia Goyer said...

Melanie,

Thanks so much for sharing my book with your readers!

Tricia Goyer
www.triciagoyer.com