Friday, October 19, 2007

The Restorer by Sharon Hinck


We are just starting our discussion of this great book over at the ACFW Book Club. (See link at right if you want to join us!) It's a fantasy about an ordinary soccer mom who gets pulled into an alternate universe and becomes that world's new Restorer. I don't normally read fantasy--actually, I NEVER read fantasy!--but this book held me captive. It was fascinating and I got so much out of it. So many things in the book "reminded" me of things I struggle with, like negative thoughts, the struggle to find meaning and worth in everyday life, the need to keep God's word in my heart at all times. If you don't do those things in Sharon Hinck's alternate world, you could DIE! Yikes.

This is a wonderful read, well-written, and spiritually challenging. I highly recommend it. It will make you THINK, which is a good thing.

Oh, and don't forget to leave a comment. On October 31st I'll be giving away a copy of Boo Humbug, a Christmas novella, the latest in the Boo series from Rene Gutteridge. LOVE Rene Gutteridge!

2 comments:

Robin Johns Grant said...

Someone else recently recommended this book to me, but I think they recommended it because I'm interested in time travel stories. It sounds more as though the heroine travels to a whole "other" world rather than to a different time period, though. Either way, sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

I have read other books by this author and have truely enjoyed them. Please put me in the drawing.

lkilzer@southeast.edu