Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sorry for the lack of reviews!

I've been so swamped lately I haven't had any time for reading! Three books are waiting for me to read them and blog about them right now. If anybody tells me I have one more thing I have to do, one more appointment I have to make, one more activity I have to chaperone, I'm going to scream! I used to love spring. Now it's just an excuse to for people to fill up my calendar with a trillion things I have to do!

Okay, now that I've vented those feelings, I'll let you know which books I'll be blogging about--just as soon as I get room to breathe again. Which will be in a couple of weeks--no, wait, there's a wedding I have to attend--out of town--way out of town.

Oh yeah. List of books. Here it is: Skid by Rene Gutteridge--she writes contemporary romantic comedies, hysterically funny. Fatal Deduction by Gayle Roper--she writes wonderful contemporary romantic suspense, and very well, too. And Gunfight at Grace Gulch by Darlene Franklin--a historical cozy mystery, which I can't wait to dive into.

So now you know what's in my To Be Read Right Away stack. Anything in your To Be Read pile?

4 comments:

Pamela J said...

I am embarrassed (wouldn't be surprised if you can see the red face illuminating through cyberspace) to say I have quite a stack. I've been working on them as I get time but the dent in them is only minimal. 24 1/2 is the grand total. I'm excited, thrilled, about every one of them and can hardly wait to dive into each one.
Pam
cepjwms at yahoo dot com

Carole said...

Melanie, I just finished books by two authors who were new to me, and both books were exceptional in my opinion.

1) Steal Away by Linda Hall - I love mysteries and could hardly put this one down. And the coastal Maine setting is a favorite of mine.

2) A Can of Peas by Traci DePree - A great family story set in the rural farmland community of Lake Emily, Minnesota.

I will enjoy reading further in both of these series.

Melanie Dickerson said...

Carole,
If you like mysteries and the coast of Maine, you should read Sadie's Song by Linda Hall. It's fabulous! I've been meaning to read some more of her books ever since I read that one. She's a great writer.

Robin Johns Grant said...

Melanie, I feel your pain! First about people coming up with things for you to do. Boy can I identify. Second, I'm having to move and reorganize a lot of things in my house (see previous sentence). I put my "to read" books in one place and they filled up one and a half shelves of a bookcase!