Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wild Goose Chase


I'm giving away a copy of Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson, author of In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, so leave a comment to be included in the drawing.

Ever yearn to hear more from the Holy Spirit? Ever feel like you may be "missing it," missing God's direction and God's will for your life? Well, Mark Batterson encourages you to leave your life of self-absorption and irresponsible responsibility and live a life of "chasing the Wild Goose."

On page 11, the author says "Jesus' disciples didn't just live an exciting life post-Pentecost; they turned the world upside down. And that's what you can be a part of, too. Wild Goose Chase is an invitation to be part of something that is bigger than you and more important than you."

On page 16 he says, "I'm not convinced that your date of death is the date carved on your tombstone. Most people die long before that. We start dying when we have nothing worth living for. And we don't really start living until we find something worth dying for."

If you're looking for your own "spiritual adventure," then start with this book. It's a challenge to break out of your life's routine and start living in the spirit--a life of action and adventure.

Leave a comment if you want to win my extra copy! I'll pick a winner next Tuesday.

7 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi Melanie, I just visited to say hallo because you commented on my blog back in January, and I've got your site listed as a favorite. I was glad of your comment, for one thing. By the way, did I ever ask you about reviewing my novel? You may have a lot already to do, so no hard feelings if you decline; but if you wanted a quick preview of "Outcasts Of Skagaray" there are sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au If you ever read Christian fantasy and decide to read it, I would very much like to hear what you have to say. Blessings, in any event. I'm glad to find your site.

Robin Johns Grant said...

Boy, do I need this book! Count me in.

Susan Mires said...

Hi Melanie! I read a review of this book and it looks wonderful! See you soon!

Rachel Sarah said...

Just stumbled across your blog. Count me in for the book drawing! Thanks.

Nora St. Laurent said...

This sounds really interesting Melanie. Please put my name in the hat for a chance to win a copy.

THANKS

Tracy Ruckman said...

This book looks and sounds AWESOME! Thanks for letting us know about it.

Janna said...

I would love a chance to win this book...

Janna
ryanx6 at msn dot com