Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Falcon and the Sparrow by M. L. Tyndall


I'm giving away my extra copy of this delightful romance, so please leave a comment to be included in the drawing.

Another great Regency romance! I’m really enjoying this new-to-Christian-publishing genre! I like to think Jane Austen would smile in pleased amusement at the way Regencies are suddenly popping up in Christian fiction. And now for my review.

Dominique Dawson seems like a timid sparrow when she turns up on Admiral Chase Randal’s doorstep as his son’s new governess. Still mourning the death of his beloved wife, Chase has no use for timid women. He wants only to retreat to his life at sea, where he’s most at home and where memories of his wife don’t haunt him quite so much. Appearances are deceptive, for her courage displays itself in ways that surprise him—and his worldly friends. And she brings joy and light to himself, his servants, and most of all, his young son, who quickly comes to adore her.

Dominique indeed feels like a timid sparrow, frightened of her own shadow, when she contemplates what she has come to London to do—to spy on the unsuspecting Admiral and steal any war secrets he might have on the premises. Reluctantly she has agreed to commit treason against England in order to save her beloved brother, Marcel, who is imprisoned by the French. But the more she comes to love her young charge, William, and more alarmingly, his father the Admiral, the more anguished she is at the pain her betrayal will cause them both.

This is an exciting, page-turning romance. The author, Marylu Tyndall, is incredibly skilled at making you feel caught up in the same tangle of deceit that Dominique is facing. I enjoyed the internal struggles and morality questions, as well as the pure romance. A worthy story. Two thumbs up!

13 comments:

luv2read said...

I would love to win this book if you are having a drawing for it.
spowell01(at)bellsouth(dot)com

Jessica said...

OOh, me me me me!
:-)
I would love to win one of her books.

jessica_nelson7590 AT yahoo DOT com

ladystorm said...

OOOOH this one sound good. I would love to win this one.

Thanks,
Stormi
ladystorm282001 at yahoo dot com

Lindsey@akindredspirit'sthoughts said...

I really want to read this - I love Regency fiction! Not to mention M.L. Tyndall. :-) Thanks for the giveaway!

Lindsey
ladyufshalott at yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love MaryLu's works! Please enter me in the drawing! Thanks!

Deborah Piccurelli
DebPiccurelli[at]verizon[dot]net

Carrie Turansky said...

This sounds like a great story. Please enter me in the drawing.
Blessings,
carrie(at)turansky(dot)com

Lia said...

I really wanted to read "The Falcon and the Sparrow." It'd be great to win it!



liatheddrfreak (at) gmail (dot) com

Donna M said...

Melanie,
I would love to read this book. I have discovered I really like Regency novels. It is such a crazy time in history. Please enter me. runninmama{at}sbcglobal{dot}net

Donna

Patty said...

Sounds like a great storyline. I haven't read any of her books yet, but I would love to.

pleblanc_1[at]charter[dot]net

Martha A. said...

That sounds really good! If I do not win it I will have to get it to read somehow!
Please enter me!
martha(at)lclink(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Please enter me. I am also so excited about the many new Christian Regencies!

Gail
bookwurm70 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Cherie J said...

This book is on my wishlist right now. It sounds like one I really want to read. Thanks for the chance to win a copy.

cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cheryl said...

I have been wanting to read this book. Please enter me in the drawing. My email address is shryackmom[@]charter[.]net