Friday, September 12, 2008

A Passion Redeemed by Julie Lessman


I have an extra copy of this book, so leave a comment for a chance to win!

If you like your Christian romance with a bit more realism and sensuality, seasoned with grace and a deft hand, you will absolutely love this book! Julie Lessman’s talents as a fiction writer are a force to be reckoned with! I can’t say enough in praise of this book. The characters are so real, so full of personality, so well-rounded, I could literally hear them speaking. And everything just seems to come together realistically, but at the same time, perfectly. Reading this book was like sinking into a comfortable sofa with a piece of gooey chocolate cake—there was nothing more I could want.

The first book in Julie Lessman’s Daughters of Boston series, A Passion Most Pure, ended with Charity O’Connor as the bad girl everyone has unfortunately encountered before. She’s manipulative, deceitful, and determined to get what she wants. But in this book we find out just why she is the way she is. We get inside her head and see that she loves with her whole heart, just as deeply as her sister, Faith. She’s capable of kindness and disappointment and desperation. And I couldn’t help but cheer for her, especially when she began to realize that she needed to change.

This is an epic love story, and a God story. I enjoyed it greatly. Two thumbs way up! I highly recommend it!
Don't forget to leave a comment to be included in the drawing for this great historical romance!

23 comments:

Robin Johns Grant said...

Count me in! Sounds like my kind of book.

CherryBlossomMJ said...

It is a wonderful book!!!

Martha A. said...

Sounds like a great book!
martha(at)lclink(dot)com

Krista Phillips said...

Sounds like a great book, and an author I haven't had the pleasure of reading from yet. I'll have to her on my list to look out for:-)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to read Julie's second book. Please enter me in the drawing.

Deborah Piccurelli
DebPiccurelli[at]verizon[dot]net

Rose McCauley said...

I'd love to read this book. thanks, melanie, for all the great reviews you do. crmcc at setel dot com

Vickie McDonough said...

I'd love to read Julie's new book. Can't wait to see how she redeems that snotty Charity.

Cheryl said...

I would love to win this book. I read the first one and it was great. Please enter me in the drawing. My email address is shryackmom[@]charter[.]net

Jo said...

I love to read historical books. Count me in for the drawing.

Blessings,
Jo
ladijo40(at)aol(dot)com

Golden Keyes Parsons said...

I have been wanting to read one of Julie Lessman's books. Her reviews are so positive. Please enter me in the drawing. Thanks!

Carly said...

this sounds like a great book for my mom. please enter me!

fecarly1 at yahoo dot com

southernsassygirl said...

I would love the chance to get a copy! Count me in!

Christy
orca0024 at yahoo dot com

Carole said...

I'd love to read the next book in this wonderful series. Thanks for the opportunity! I don't know when your drawing is, but in the unlikely event my name is chosen, I'll be out of town from Sept 29-Oct 14. Thanks!

cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

Ann Shorey said...

I just bought "A Passion Most Pure" and can't wait to read it. Please put me in the drawing for the sequel.
Thanks!

annshorey at msn dot com

Patricia W. said...

Julie's first book is near the top of my TBR. I've love to follow it with the 2nd. Count me in!

~Ley said...

I loved A Passion Most Pure! It was amazing and this one sounds no less so, from what all I've been reading. Enter me please! Thanks.

ashley.vanburen[at]gmail[dot]com

Tina M. Russo said...

Just stopping by to say hi and agree that this book (I have it) is great.

Cherie J said...

This one is on my wishlist so I would love to win. Please enter me. Thank you!

cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I've never read a Christian romance with "realism and sensuality", but I'd really like to. Please add me to your contest.

Anonymous said...

I've never read a Christian romance with "realism and sensuality", but I'd really like to. Please enter me in your contest. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the double...now triple...post. PC problems. My email is

hopelessromantic@charter.net

Jessica said...

Ooh, I've got the first! Definitely need the second :-)
Thanks for the opportunity Melanie.

Anonymous said...

I would love to read a "different" kind of Chrisitan novel such as you described "A Passion Redeemed" by Julie Lessman to be. Ann knowles
AnnKnowles03@aol.com