Friday, December 12, 2008

Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard



This book was released this month by Harvest House, but was previously self-published by the author. I read the self-published version and LOVED it! And now Linore is giving away a copy here! But only if at least 10 people leave a comment. So tell your friends! And if you don't win a copy, you really need to go out and buy one. It's just the type of book people love to read in troubled times like this. Such a fun book! Anyway, here's my review again.

Do you like a funny, exciting plot and quirky, memorable characters reminiscent of Jane Austen? If so, you’ll love this story, Before the Season Ends, by Linore Rose Burkard.

Miss Ariana Forsythe, a nineteen-year-old beauty, is being packed off to her wealthy aunt’s home in London to escape an unsuitable match in her little hamlet of Chesterton. Ariana, excited about this new adventure, is also wary of the lack of morality she’s afraid of meeting with in fashionable London. She must guard herself against all the blackguards and rakes, especially the infamous Mr. Phillip Mornay.

Ariana is a delightful heroine, artless and funny and worthy of her sparring partner, Mr. Mornay. The two of them are so good together, I couldn’t help being reminded of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett. The story zips along and never fails to entertain and delight. The author, moreover, has obviously done her research, and the whole thing is full of authentic speech and clothing and descriptions, enough to make you feel you are right there in Regency England.

I thoroughly enjoyed this Regency romance from beginning to end. It’s exactly the kind of story I like to read but rarely ever find. Funny, touching, romantic--I highly recommend it.

Linore has already finished the sequel, and it sounds just as great!

Leave a comment for a chance to win!

20 comments:

Janna said...

I love that a self-published book is so good that a really great publisher picked it up and now there is even going to be a sequel - how cool is that!

ryanx6 at msn dot com

Krista Phillips said...

Sounds like a great book!! BTW, it was great meeting you Melanie, at ACFW!!!

-krista

Deborah Matthews said...

Sounds like a good read. Thanks for the tip, Melanie. I'm always looking for good Regency historicals.

Donna said...

I am reading it right now and I love it! Please don't enter me in the drawing but I wanted to add that it is wonderful so far.

I'll have a christmas inteview and giveaway Tuesday for Before the Season Ends.

Don't you just love the cover!!!

Kathryn Neff Perry said...

I read the first one too---I absolutely loved it. I did not want to put it down. I finished the book at about 2:30 in the morning. I'm usually in bed by 10---if you get a chance you definitely need to put this one on your "to read" list---I would give it 5 stars!

Pamela J said...

Hey, this book sounds GREAT!! Everything I've read about this book makes me want to make sure it is on the top of my wish list.
Pam Williams
cepjwms at yahoo dot com

Becky C. said...

This sounds like a great book, and I would love to read it.

Please enter me in the contest.

Thank you,

Becky C.

rec(at)hiwaay(dot)net

Martha A. said...

I would love to win it, but if I do not, it sounds like one to buy!
martha(at)lclink(dot)com

Cherie J said...

Sounds wonderful. Would love to read this book. Thanks for the chnce to win a copy.

cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carole said...

I love Regencies and the reviews have been great. I'm so glad to see Regencies in the Christian market! And thank you for this giveaway.

cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

ladystorm said...

Heard a lot about this book, would love to win it.

Stormi
ladystorm282001[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lori said...

This sounds sooo yummy! Thanks for having the contest! Please sign me up.

And a sequel... when do we get to hear the details about that one?

aaronandlori (at) gmail (dot) com

Jessica said...

I might be late to the party, but if you haven't done the drawing yet, I'd love to be entered.

I've heard so much about this book! All good things.

Jessica said...

Maybe an e-mail address would help? LOL
jessica_nelson7590ATyahooDOTcom

Linore Rose Burkard said...

What nice comments from all of you lovely ladies--I look forward to mailing a book to the winner! My new website will have information about the sequel, by the way, but ChristianBook.com has it posted now.
It's called, The House in Grosvenor Square. I think you're all going to enjoy this one, too.
If you don't win the book from Melanie, get on my email list. I'll be sending out notices of more blog giveaways for BTSE.
Best Wishes, and thanks for stopping by, everyone.
And thank YOU, Melanie for having me here!

Bev said...

If you haven't drawn the winner yet throw my name in the hat. This sounds like just the book to read during Christmas break.

b{dot} werts {at} sbcglobal{dot}net

Cheryl said...

I would love to win a copy of this book. Please enter me in the drawing. My email address is shryackmom[@]charter[.]net

luv2read said...

Enter me in the drawing.
spowell01(at)bellsouth(dot)net

kristi said...

This sounds like a good book! I loved Jane Austen so sounds like this would be a good "fit!" Please sign me up for the drawing.

Kristi
kherbrand(at)comcast(dot)net

Robin Johns Grant said...

You've sold me! Count me in. (And I love these self-publishing success stories.)