Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Living Rich for Less by Ellie Kay


I just finished reading this book, and I recommend it to anyone trying to cut expenses or get out of debt. So if you'd like to learn how to live a good life and not break the bank, then leave a comment and you'll be entered in the drawing for a copy of Living Rich for Less.

The author gives a lot of great advice and tips for saving money. My husband and I are both pretty frugal, so we were already doing a lot of the things she mentions. However, I did learn a lot, like why most people pay way too much (as we are) for homeowners insurance and how to cut that cost. I also liked Ellie Kay's 10/10/80 philosophy. She explains why everyone should give 10%, save 10%, and spend wisely the other 80%.

So if you're trying to turn over a new financial leaf in the New Year, you should read this book. It really inspired me to save more and stay frugal. So leave a comment to be entered in the drawing!

7 comments:

stampedwithgrace said...

with 7 kids, it can be hard to manage money. this sounds like a great book to read. please enter me :)

Anonymous said...

Who couldn't use a book like this right now? Please enter me in the drawing. Thanks!

Deborah Piccurelli
DebPiccurelli[at]verizon[dot]net

Jo said...

This sounds like a great book for right now with the economy being the way it is right now. Please enter me in the drawing.

Blessings,
Jo
ladijo40(at)aol(dot)com

Martha A. said...

I love Ellie Kays books! they are humor mixed with money saving, always a good combo on sucha serious topic! Please enter me!
martha(at)lclink(dot)com

Tracy Ruckman said...

Oooh-oooh-oooh - pick me, pick me! :-) I read about this book on another blog a few hours ago, and already added it to my lengthy "save for later" list on amazon! :-)

Martha A. said...

Just on a funny note, I noticed another blog (a money saving one) offered a giveaway on this book and they have over 1000 entries!!!!

Miss Lila in Atlanta said...

Hi from Atlanta, GA,
My first time on your blog. I really enjoy it. We're helping to raise four of our 8 grandchildren. Homeschooling them too. I would love to share this book with them. Give them an early start on living a frugal lifestyle.
Thank you for offering this wonderful book.

Miss Lila in Atlanta
lilahuggins@gmail.com