Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gingham Mountain by Mary Connealy


I loved all three of Mary Connealy’s Lassoed in Texas series, but I think the third one, Gingham Mountain, is my favorite. They kind of build on each other, so you should definitely read all three. So entertaining, and surprisingly touching. I'm giving away a copy of Gingham Mountain, so leave a comment to be entered in the drawing!

Gingham Mountain is fun and funny—and poignant, too. Hannah Cartwright (sister of Grace from Calico Canyon) was abused by her adopted father, who only adopted orphans so he could work them for his own profits and take out his rage on them. So naturally, when she sees that Grant, a scruffy rancher, wants to adopt her crippled little sister, she thinks the worst—that he is going to abuse her and all the other orphans he’s already adopted. But Grant, who is a wonderful hero who I absolutely loved, really just wants to give all the orphans a home who need one. He was an orphan himself, and he knows how it feels to live on the street without even a roof over his head. He has a house, so he wants to share it. He truly loves all his children. So he can’t understand what this cantankerous little woman’s problem is.

This romance is a hoot, as Grant and Hannah become more and more attracted to each other but try their hardest to deny it. Mary Connealy is the master of hilarious situations and funny but realistic sparring matches between the hero and heroine. I loved Gingham Mountain and I can’t imagine who wouldn’t! I highly recommend it.

Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered in the drawing.

14 comments:

Jo said...

This book sounds great and would love to be entered in the drawing for the book.

Blessings,
Jo
ladijo(at)aol(dot)com

Bev said...

The book sounds wonderful. Count me in.

b(dot)werts at sbcglobal (dot) net

sherrinda said...

Hi Melanie! I just won Mary's book on www.wheniwasjustakid.blogspot.com by Crystal Laine Miller. I have heard so much about Mary's books and cannot wait to get mine! She sounds so fun, doesn't she?
Naturally, don't enter me in the drawing, but good luck to the winner!

Anonymous said...

I would definitely love to win "Gingham Mountain" and would gladly invest in the other two so I could read all three in order.

Gayla Collins
gayla.c@bresnan.net

peachykath said...

That sounds like such a cute book. Please enter me in the drawing.
Katherine

peachykath79[at]yahoo[dot]com

remnant reminscences said...

I've yet to read anything by this author. I've heard she's hilarious though. Please include me in the drawing.

lisa

Martha A. said...

I have enjoyed the two before this and would love to win this third book so I can read it! I have read so many rave reviews!
martha(at)lclink(dot)com

Mary Connealy said...

Hi, ladies. Good luck in the drawing. I've been away from my computer for TWO DAYS!!!

Withdrawal almost got me but I'm back at the screen!!!

Mary Connealy said...

Oh, my new blogger id photo, never quite get enough of that so I'll leave TWO comments. :)

brendalottakamaggiebrendan said...

Sounds like a fun read. Please count me in! I love the book cover.

Tammy A said...

I have the first 2 and have no doubt I will laugh and smile through the new as well! Please enter me in the drawing! Thank you!

Jessica said...

Ooh, I'd LOVE to be entered in this drawing. Mary's stories crack me up.
Thanks Melanie!

jessica_nelson7590 AT yahoo DOT com

Carole said...

If this book is half as good as its cover promises, it will be great! Thank you for your review and the chance to win a copy, Melanie.

cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

Robin Johns Grant said...

Definitely does sound fun!