Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Giving Away Before the Season Ends



If you haven't read Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard, you're missing a wonderfully fun, satisfying romance. It is definitely one of my very favorite books of 2008. And the sequel, The House in Grosvenor Square,

was just released this month! So in honor of the new release, I'm giving away a copy of Before the Season Ends. Here's my review from a few months ago:

Do you like a funny, exciting plot and quirky, memorable characters reminiscent of Jane Austen? If so, you’ll love this story, Before the Season Ends, by Linore Rose Burkard.

Miss Ariana Forsythe, a nineteen-year-old beauty, is being packed off to her wealthy aunt’s home in London to escape an unsuitable match in her little hamlet of Chesterton. Ariana, excited about this new adventure, is also wary of the lack of morality she’s afraid of meeting with in fashionable London. She must guard herself against all the blackguards and rakes, especially the infamous Mr. Phillip Mornay.

Ariana is a delightful heroine, artless and funny and worthy of her sparring partner, Mr. Mornay. The two of them are so good together, I couldn’t help being reminded of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett. The story zips along and never fails to entertain and delight. The author, moreover, has obviously done her research, and the whole thing is full of authentic speech and clothing and descriptions, enough to make you feel you are right there in Regency England.

I thoroughly enjoyed this Regency romance from beginning to end. It’s exactly the kind of story I like to read but rarely ever find. Funny, touching, romantic--I highly recommend it.

Leave a comment if you'd like to win it!

15 comments:

Holly said...

This sounds like a fun book.
hollymag at gmail dot com

mommy4life said...

Sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love Regencies, love Christian romance. Win, win! :)
Malvina

Robin Johns Grant said...

Wow, sounds great! Count me in.

Anonymous said...

Cant' wait to read this book. Put me in for the drawing.

Gail Mundy

remnant reminscences said...

Don't enter me, I have a copy of this book. It's brillant, I loved it! I can't wait to read the follow up.

lisa

Kellie said...

I would love to have a chance to win these books.i think that they would be awesome to read thanks God bless

ladystorm said...

I have been wanting to get my hands on this and would love to win a copy.

Thanks,
Stormi
ladystorm282001[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lori said...

I'd love to be entered to win a copy. I've given away my copy, and I've got to replace it. It's definitely a keeper! If you haven't read it, you must!

aaronandlori (at) gmail.com

Kathryn Neff Perry said...

I've read Before the Season Ends and LOVED it! Linore is a fabulous writer----
Kathryn Neff Perry

pat jeanne said...

I would love to have a copy of Before The Season Ends. I especially enjoy reading Regency Romance. Please enter my name.
patjeannedavis[at]verizon[dot]net

Miralee Ferrell said...

I've not read anything by this author but would love to. I enjoy this time period in history. Please sign me up for the drawing and thank you! Miralee Ferrell
http://www.miraleeferrell.com

bigguysmama said...

I would love to win this book! Thanks for the offer.

Blessings,
Mimi B

mnjesusfreak@gmail.com

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a great book! Please enter me in the contest. My email address is shryackmom[@]charter[.]net

Edna said...

I would love to win this book, I love to read.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net