Monday, April 20, 2009

The House in Grosvenor Square - Review



This is the sequel to Before the Season Ends, which is one of my favorite books from the last few years. I loved that book, and The House in Grosvenor Square is just as brilliantly conceived, and brilliantly written, as Before the Season Ends! The last half of the book is so exciting that I don’t recommend trying to read it when you have a limited amount of time! Or when you’re trying to clean up your house because company is coming over, like I did! I simply couldn’t stop reading. Such a fun book.

When the story opens, it is only eight days until the Paragon, Phillip Mornay, marries his true love, Ariana Forsythe. But strange things start happening, making everyone, even Ariana’s aunt, Mrs. Bentley, extremely anxious to get this marriage done! Things go missing at Mornay’s beautiful town house on Grosvenor Square whenever Ariana visits. Then an attempt is made to abduct Ariana. Things go from bad to worse and no one knows who to blame or what will happen next! Will Mornay scandalize himself by the steps he must take to keep his bride safe?

This book will keep you on the edge of your seat, flipping the pages as fast as you can, until the very end! I have to say, I’ve rarely ever felt so attached to two characters in someone else’s book! These characters are so real to me, and I find myself hoping there’s at least one more book starring Ariana and Phillip Mornay. I can’t bear to let them go! They’re just too fun.

As you can tell, I highly recommend this book!

3 comments:

Edna said...

This book sounds so good. I would love to be entered into a drawing to win one,

Thanks

Golden Keyes Parsons said...

"Before The Season Ends" is in my TBR stack and I would love to have this one waiting in the wings. Put my name in the hat.

Carmen7351 said...

The name alone makes it sound like a medieval era. I would love to win this book. Please enter me.
Thank you!