Monday, June 15, 2009

Never the Bride by McKay and Gutteridge



I'm giving away a copy of this book, so be sure and leave a comment if you'd like to be in the drawing!

Here's a quick summary:
Jessie Stone has spent thirty-five years fantasizing about marriage proposals, wedding dresses, and falling in love. She’s been a bridesmaid eleven times, waved dozens of couples off to sunny honeymoons, and shopped in more department stores for half-price fondue pots than she cares to remember.

But shopping in the love-of-her-life department hasn't been quite as productive. The man she thought she would marry cheated on her. The crush she has on her best friend Blake is at very best…well, crushing. And speed dating has only churned out memorable horror stories.

So when God shows up one day, in the flesh, and becomes a walking, talking part of her life, Jessie is skeptical. What will it take to convince her that God has a better love story than one of the thousands she’s cooked up in her journals? Will she trust Him with her pen when it appears her dreams of being the bride are forever lost?

A romantic comedy with a spiritual twist, Never the Bride is what it means to lose control—and getting more than any woman could ever imagine.

20 comments:

Grateful Gramma said...

Sounds like a great read! Add my name to the drawing please.

Tracy Ruckman said...

Rene Gutteridge is one of my absolute favorite writers!

mommy4life said...

Sounds like a good read. I like Rene too!

Carole said...

It sounds like "Never the Bride" has a great spiritual message and I enjoy Rene Gutteridge, so I would love to read this book. Thank you for the giveaway.

cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

Robin Johns Grant said...

Sounds like fun! Count me in.

Jo said...

This sounds like such a fun read. I would love to win a copy of this book. Please enter me!

Blessings,
Jo

stampedwithgrace said...

Rene lives close to me and she came to our book discussion group one time. she was so friendly and took time to visit with us. we loved her and her book :)

I'm looking forward to reading her new book!
stampedwithgrace at cox dot net

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a great book! Please enter me in the contest. My email address is shryackmom[@]charter[.]net

Linda W. said...

This book is not what I initially thought it would be about. But to have God as your first love is what it appears to be to me now. Please enter me in the contest. I just have to know where her book leads me to.
desertrose5173 at gmail dot com

Susan Mires said...

This story sounds very close to home! Thanks for giving us a shot at it.

rebornbutterfly said...

I want to read this book!
Please add me to the drawing

Stacey said...

This book looks amazing. Please count me in for the drawing. Thank you.

stacey_dale[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lindsey said...

What a great giveaway! I love Rene Gutteridge and would be delighted to win. :-)

ladyufshalott at yahoo.com

peachykath said...

I've heard really great things about this book and would love to be entered in the drawing to win. Please enter me for this book.
Thanks
Katherine

peachykath79[at]yahoo[dot]com

Pamela J said...

I love romance, I love comedy and I LOVE books with a spiritual twist. Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks.
Pam Williams
cepjwms at wb4me dot com

Rachel said...

am interested in this. please add my name when you draw.


rkmcmill@yahoo.com

Patty said...

I would love to win this book. I love a good romance with a few laughs thrown in.

pleblanc_1[at]charter[dot]net

Martha A. said...

i would love to enter! martha(at)lclink(dot)com

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great story to learn and apply to life. I would love to read this and share it with my sisters and my daughters.

luv2nurse02@yahoo.com

Tina

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon!!! melaniewrites.blogspot.com is one of the most outstanding informational websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. All the best.