Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Vanishing Sculptor by Donita K. Paul


As you may know, I mostly read historical romance, but I agreed to participate in this blog tour because my daughter LOVES Donita K. Paul's books. This one is no exception. So if you'd like to be entered in the drawing for this book, please leave a comment.

In the 5-book Dragon Keeper series, a world of dragons and alternative creatures mirrors our own world. The author has created another new world in her new series, which begins with The Vanishing Sculptor. My daughter says the funniest characters from the Dragon Keeper series are in this new book. And she loved it. Here is a summary.

Donita K. Paul’s 250,000-plus-selling DragonKeeper Chronicles series has attracted a wide spectrum of dedicated fans–and they’re sure to fall in love with the new characters and adventures in her latest superbly-crafted novel for all ages. It’s a mind-boggling fantasy that inhabits the same world as the DragonKeeper Chronicles, but in a different country and an earlier time, where the people know little of Wulder and nothing of Paladin.

In The Vanishing Sculptor, readers will meet Tipper, a young emerlindian who’s responsible for the upkeep of her family’s estate during her sculptor father’s absence. Tipper soon discovers that her actions have unbalanced the whole foundation of her world, and she must act quickly to undo the calamitous threat. But how can she save her father and her world on her own? The task is too huge for one person, so she gathers the help of some unlikely companions–including the nearly five-foot tall parrot Beccaroon–and eventually witnesses the loving care and miraculous resources of Wulder. Through Tipper’s breathtaking story, readers will discover the beauty of knowing and serving God.

Leave a comment if you'd like to win a copy!

8 comments:

~Ley said...

Oh, have you read the DragonKeeper Chronicles, Melanie? You must! They are soooo good, and I'm sure this one will be amazing as well. I can't wait to read it!

ashley.vanburen[at]gmail[dot]com

bigguysmama said...

Would love to win this book. I'd like to get my brother into a Christian fantasy series to see if he'd enjoy it.

Blessings,
Mimi B
mnjesusfreak at gmail dot com

Raine said...

I LOVVVEE fanasty/science fiction. And I've heard this series is wonderful. I'd love a chance to win!

lowurtz at gmail dot com

Robin Johns Grant said...

Donita Paul is on my long list of "authors I must read someday."

Jim Jordan said...

I have two hours to kill this afternoon at my local Borders Books. I'll check out the new installment.

Melanie,
I also just published a new mystery suspense novel with a Christian current running through it. I'd like to send you a free copy to review. My new blog for it is 13 Ways of Looking at a Blackbird.. It takes place on a red-eye Miami to Rio flight that hits major turbulence. A young traveler sees visions of what will happen to the plane, but is warned by a God-like Being that talks sporadically through the other passengers telling him that he is a survivor and warning that he must do nothing to stop the plane from crashing. Let me know where I can send a copy for you to review. Thanks,
jjordan@christian.com

Kat said...

I haven't read any of Paul's books, but they sound great!

katiestout[at]ymail[dot]com

britney said...

Hello People, I was on a holiday for a month just passing by read this interesting post its great to see that every thing here is getting more lively...thanks a lot for these keep them coming....




___________________
Britney
Best place for your complete Internet marketing

britney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.