Friday, July 24, 2009

Mary Connealy's Montana Rose


Christy Award finalist, Mary Connealy has crafted yet another fun, funny, touching book. Her heroine is a sweet, dutiful wife who suppresses all her anger and frustration until the day of her husband’s funeral. She unleashes all that anger on the gravedigger. But when some rough men, living in a rough environment, decide Cassie has to choose a new husband immediately, this same gravedigger may be her only hope.

Red Dawson is a simple, hard-working man, so he isn’t interested in marrying a woman who’s used to wearing silk and has been sheltered from hard work. But if he doesn’t step in, the poor little thing is going to end up in a terrible situation. Maybe God does want him to help her.

I enjoyed this book immensely. I especially liked the hero, a man who was very sweet but realistic at the same time—that’s some amazingly good writing! I highly recommend this book, and I can’t wait for the next book in the series, to see what happens to Cassie’s friend, Belle. If you haven’t read any of Mary’s books, read this one and you’ll be hooked like I am!

Mary Connealy also just got the nod for FOUR of her books in the ACFW Book of The Year Contest! WOW!

I hope you're also working toward your goals in the Everything Austen Challenge. I'm reading Emma. What about you? Leave a comment about what movie you've watched or book you've read. You still have over five months, but don't procrastinate!

5 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

Hi, Melanie. Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

I suppose I should go read some Austen, huh? Okay, I'll be back.

sherrinda said...

I just won Montana Rose and can't wait to get it!!!! It sounds fabulous!

I was at Target last week, standing in line at the checkout, and on the endcap was Sense and Sensibility for $5!!! I thought of YOU and bought it for my challenge. I didn't really say I was going to do the callenge, but I watched Persuasion a few weeks ago and thought I'd try to see what I could do to further my Austen knowledge. :)

Renee said...

So far all the books I've read by Mary have been FABULOUS so I know I won't be disapointed in Montana Rose. As for the Everything Austen Challenge I watched Lost in Austen, Monday (I started watching it again last night...Mr. Darcy is delicious)and I plan to watch the Colin Firth version of P&P soon. Ahhh I just love all the hunky Mr. Darcys :-D

Pepper Basham said...

Hey Melanie,
So much Austen...so little time. I'm reading Nancy Moser's book "Just Jane'. It's a much nicer story (I think) than the movie Becoming Jane. Anyhow, I just read Montana Rose last night. FANTASTIC! I posted my review at http://greatchristianficiton.blogspot.com should you want to check it out. Mary's great! I can't wait to see what new things God does through her

britney said...

Hello People, I was on a holiday for a month just passing by read this interesting post its great to see that every thing here is getting more lively...thanks a lot for these keep them coming....




___________________
Britney
Best place for your complete Internet marketing