Wednesday, September 09, 2009

ACFW Conference 2009!

I didn't think I'd be going to the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) Conference this year, but here I am, packing and getting ready (Praise God!) and thinking about it almost every minute of the day--and night! I'm even dreaming about it!

Anyway, if you are interested, and especially if you think you might be interested in going next year, when the conference will be in Indianapolis--driving distance! YAY!--then take a look at the following information.

"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless." 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NLT)

DENVER, COLORADO
SEPTEMBER 17 - 20, 2009

Bestselling authors, publishing industry representatives, and newcomers to Christian fiction writing will gather in Denver at the American Christian Fiction Writer's annual conference September 17-20 to compare notes, learn from each other, and encourage one another in the pursuit of publishing goals.

This year's conference theme , Standing Firm; Moving Forward, will especially inspire the full range of talent and dreams in the ever-changing publishing world today.

This amazing conference will feature representatives from major publishing houses like B & H, Guideposts, Zondervan, Harvest House, Barbour, Steeple Hill, Summerside Press, Bethany House, Waterbrook Multnomah, Marcher Lord Press, Tyndale House, and Thomas Nelson, and top literary agents who will meet with writers and identify promising proposals from both new and veteran novelists. Conferees will have access to publishing panels, professional critiques, and customized workshops based on skills and interests.

The keynote speaker is New York Times bestselling author, Debbie Macomber, who has more than 100 million copies of her books in print worldwide.

Learn more about the American Christian Fiction Writer's Conference by visiting www.acfw.com. Click on the left sidebar on Annual Conference.

8 comments:

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

I hope you have a great time at the conference. I won't be there this year, so I'm bummed I won't get to see you. My prayers will be with you and everyone. Say "hi" to this HisWriters for me.

Deb said...

I'll be looking forward to breakfast with you and the other HISWriters, and praying with you as you make these changes.

Hugs.

Suzy Parish said...

Hey!Thanks for leaving a kind comment on my blog! I am so happy you get to go to Denver! I really wish I were going too.God bless you and have a wonderful time!

JStantonChandler said...

Have a wonderful time at the conference. I would LOVE to hear Debbie Macomber speak!

Jen

Keli Gwyn said...

I hope the conference is awesome and that you meet some wonderful people.

I was privileged to hear Debbie Macomber speak when she delivered keynote addresses at Mount Hermon last year. You're in for a treat.

Angela Breidenbach said...

Thank you so much, Melanie, for posting. Please let your lovely readers know that they can order Debbie Macomber's keynote after conference by going to the Conference home page on the www.acfw.com website and scrolling all the way to the bottom. Once there, the conference media company will have CD's available within a short time after conferece, click on the link and purchase the CD's of your choice.

Appreciatively,
Angie
http://www.MyGemofWisdom.com

Debra E Marvin said...

Indianapolis, huh? Good to know.

I'm getting so excited too. My weekend will be the job of packing. Time to get the fall clothes out and figure out how to get the most outfits out of the least amount of bulk. I figure it will be chilly (air conditioned) even though it will be in the high 70s during the days. Going down into the forties at night.

I can't wait to see Denver and the mountains, too.

Melanie I'll see you at breakfast.

Robin Johns Grant said...

Hope you have a very productive conference, Melanie!