Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Prisoner of Versailles by Golden Keyes Parsons


If you'd like to be in the drawing for this adventurous, romantic novel, please leave a comment!

This is book two of the exciting series chronicling a Huguenot family, the Clavells, who are persecuted for their faith by the Catholic King Louis XIV of France. It continues where the last book left off, with Madeleine, a wife and mother who was once the childhood sweetheart of King Louis, forced to flee with her family to Switzerland. Her husband is on the brink of death and the ruthless King of France will stop at nothing to have her back at Versailles.

In this book, the life of handsome courtier Pierre Bovee is in danger because of the aid he has given to Madeleine and her family. When Madeleine becomes a prisoner, along with her oldest son, Philippe, it becomes a question of who will rescue whom, especially when a former enemy proves himself a great friend.

This is an exciting, fast-paced adventure, with romance and characters of faith and virtue. I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to the next book in the series!

Golden is giving away a copy to someone who leaves a comment on this blog post. Thanks, Golden!

20 comments:

Renee said...

Sadly I have never read anything by Golden before...but this sure does look like a great book! I would love to read it!!

XOXO~ Renee
http://steelergirl83.blogspot.com
steelergirl83(at)gmail(dot)com

sherrinda said...

I love romance with adventure! And oh my, what a gorgeous cover!!! I'd love to be entered into the drawing.

sherrinda(at)gmail(dot)com

remnant reminscences said...

I've heard so much about her books...how well-written they are, the rich hostory...would love a chance to win!

ldneuhof at hotmail dot com

Susanne Dietze said...

I would love to be entered into the drawing. The story sounds so exciting, and as a Huguenot descendant, I'm intrigued by the history! Thanks for the opportunity, Melanie!

srdietze at sbcglobal dot com

Robin Johns Grant said...

I love the premise for this story, and the setting. Ingriguing idea!

April said...

I would love to be entered for this exciting sounding book. I have never read any by this author but would love to I love history,& romance. Blessings AprilR

tarenn98[at]yahoo[dot]com

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

Don't put me in the drawing, but I'm in the middle of reading this book and I love it!

mariska said...

I've never heard about this book. It sounds great. Hope i have the chance to win it!
Mariska
cuniquas at gmail dot com

Carly Kendall said...

I have heard many good things about this book. Please enter me. Thank you.
carlyberd[at]yahoo[dot]com

Cherie J said...

Sounds great! Would love to be entered in the drawing. Thank you! Love that cover too!

cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sandee61 said...

I would love to read this book, by a new-to-me author. Beautiful cover and looks to be a good read.
I enjoyed the review. Please enter my name in your giveaway.
Thank you!

Blessings,
Sandee

Muzzley56[at]aol[dot]com

Buukluvr81 said...

Please enter me!


mollydawn1981 AT aol DOT com

Connie said...

Would love a chance to win this book!


Connie53@aol DOT com

jakobsgma082002 said...

This book sounds intriguing!!!


jakobsgma082002 AT ncDOTrr.com

Martha A. said...

I am excited to read the rest of this story!!! martha(at)lclink(dot)com

Linda W said...

This would be my first book by Golden Keyes Parsons. It sounds great!
Please enter me.

desertrose5173 at gmail dot com

Golden Keyes Parsons said...

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I hope the book blesses you!

bigguysmama said...

Would love the chance to read one of Golden's books. Thanks for this giveaway Melanie!

Blessings,
Mimi
mnjesusfreak at gmail dot com

Virginia C said...

Sounds exciting and romantic, drawing us into a fascinating period in world history. Please enter my name in the drawing. gcwhiskas at aol dot com

bookwurm70 said...

please enter me. I love historical fiction!

Gail
bookwurm70 at gmail dot com