Thursday, December 17, 2009

Everything Austen Challenge--Mission Accomplished!


I did it! I finished Pride and Prejudice, thus completing my challenge of reading all six of Jane Austen's novels in six months.

I saved the best for last and very much enjoyed reading about Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet, Mr. Bingley and Jane Bennet. I was afraid it would be too familiar to me and I wouldn't enjoy it that much, or it would be boring, but it wasn't. It was really fun! And now I have to watch my favorite movie version of P&P, of course, the version with Colin Firth. Yay! Can't wait.

And now, I must tease you and say that I have a big announcement to make, hopefully in a few weeks. So stick around for that!

And have a very merry Christmas! God bless you!

8 comments:

Renee (SteelerGirl83) said...

Congrats on completing the challenge! I have 3 more things I have to do yet but I'm pretty confident that I'll finish on time!

xoxo~ Renee

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

YAY! Congratulations, Melanie! :)

Kathleen L. said...

I'm not worthy!!!! LOL That seriously rocks that you did that on top of everything else life throws at ya as a writer--er a PUBLISHED writer. heehee
you ROX!

mommy4life said...

Good job!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear Author melaniewrites.blogspot.com !
Should you tell it — a false way.

April Gardner said...

Yeah! Good job!! Love Jane Austin. She's the best.

Jen Chandler said...

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Technical difficulties and holidays. Congrats on finishing your challenge! It's always a good feeling to finish what you start.

Jen