Friday, January 29, 2010

Bright Star and an excerpt from one of my books







I watched this movie, Bright Star, a couple of nights ago. It's the story of John Keats and his love, Fanny Brawne. John Keats died at the age of 25, so it is a rather sad movie, but sooooo romantic. It stayed with me for the next two days. I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was a really sweet movie, and also rated PG, very clean.

One of the sad things about the story is that John Keats never received much acclaim, and certainly not much, if any, money from his two books of poems published in his lifetime. If he had, he and Fanny could have married. As it was, he was too poor. But if you like romantic movies, I think you will love this. It's filled with beautiful images, and bits of poetry, of course.


Speaking of romance, I want to share that I'm going to be on Pepper Basham's blog on Tuesday, Feb 2nd. She's sharing a short excerpt from a book of mine--a kissing scene in honor of Valentine's Day. It's not from the book that's coming out in October (Yes, I have a book coming out in October! My first book is being published, but I can't reveal all the details just yet, but hopefully I will soon). Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, Pepper has a snippet of one of my scenes on her blog this Tuesday. Click here to read it!
But not until Tuesday. :-)

15 comments:

Daniel Dragomirescu said...

This blog looks good. Congratulations!
Daniel D. Peaceman, writer and editor of Contemporary Horizon Magazine
E-mail: drgdaniel@yahoo.com

remnant reminscences said...

I've been wondering about this movie. Thanks for sharing!

Virginia said...

Congrats on your up and coming release! I really enjoyed the little blurp, thanks for sharing!

Renee (SteelerGirl83) said...

Ohhh never heard of this film before but it looks REALLY good! I have to see it now!

I can't wait for your new release! ;-)

xoxo~ Renee

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathleen L. Maher said...

Thanks for the tip about Bright Star. For some reason, when I heard the title, I thought it was a Marguerite Henry horse movie. :)
It looks wonderful. I'll check it out.

April said...

Congrats on your upcoming book. I will be looking foreward to reading it. This movie sounds great.Thanks for sharing and again congrats on you book.
tarenn98[at]yahoo[dot]com

vvb32 reads said...

I loved Bright Star. Am looking forward to the DVD release to be able to watch again and again. Looking forward to your guest post on Feb 2...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie Dickerson said...

Does anyone know how I can keep these spammers from leaving their links in my comments? I must be attracting them some how.

Debra E Marvin said...

I saw this movie in the theatre in November and it's coming tonight via NetFlix. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to it again.

Sorry about the spammers, Melanie. That stinks!
Maybe you'll have go go to using a word verification? (I don't know enough about it!)

remnant reminscences said...

I had problems with spammers and then I started using word verification and i haven't had a problem since.

patti said...

Oooh, THANKS for sharing. LOVE, love this type of movie, love Keats' work, and had NEVER heard of it.

Did you have the window frame blog design last week? Surely I didn't miss that incredible thing!
Patti