Monday, March 15, 2010

New Article about Young Adult (YA) books

Here's a link to an article in the L.A. Times about YA books. It calls YA fiction "a phenomenon" and attempts to explain why adults are increasingly drawn to the Young Adult genre. Books like Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak are being read by teens as well as adults.

Anyway, I'm really excited that The Healer's Apprentice is being published as a YA, the genre that is doing better in this slow economy than any other genre.

2 comments:

April W Gardner said...

Interesting article. Indeed, it's a great time for you to be jumping on the band wagon!

Robin Johns Grant said...

I love this article! And it's so true. So many of my friends and myself are mainly reading YA these days. Could it be I'm finally attempting the right thing at the right time in my writing? I hope so! I loved that the article said a lot of today's YA authors are people who grew up in the 60s and 70s. That would include me, and I was afraid I was too old to be writing YA.