Thursday, May 20, 2010

The HOD Reader's Luncheon

Just wanted to let you know that the HOD (Heart of Dixie--my local RWA chapter) Reader's Luncheon on May 15th went well. I had a lot of fun! It's always fun talking to writers and readers. I was sitting next to Pamela Hearon, and we swapped writing stories, how we got our agents, etc, and enjoyed our keynote speaker, Julia London, who spoke about the unique trials of being a full-time writer, and did so with a keen sense of humor!

Kathy Bone did an awesome job coordinating the event. Thank you, Kathy!

I got the opportunity to give away a basket of medieval-themed goodies that I had put together. That was fun! The winner was my friend, Kim Ewing! Yay, Kim! :-)

And all 166 attendees went home with a goody bag that contained, among other things, a The Healer's Apprentice bookmark that the wonderful people at Zondervan made and sent to me. So hopefully a few of them will be intrigued enough to look for my book!

Anyway, if you are in the area next year, please come. I believe the date is April 30th. It's a lot of fun and you might win something! A ton of baskets of goodies were given away.

No comments: