Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Congratulations to the Winners of the Christian Fiction Scavenger Hunt!

Are you curious to see who won the big prizes in the Christian Fiction Scavenger Hunt? Here are the BIG winners:

First Prize: Crystal Balzer, books plus $300 gift card

Second Prize: Jackie Wisherd, books, plus $125 gift card

Third Prize: Becky Mickels, books, plus $75 gift card

Congratulations to them! And now, here are the winners of my Bonus Giveaway, a paperback copy of The Beautiful Pretender. 
I know I said I was giving away 3 copies, but I decided to give away 10 copies instead, since there was such a huge turnout for this giveaway, and since you guys just made me want to give more with your enthusiastic comments! I have already sent an email to each of these winners, so check your spam folder if you didn't receive it:

agboss
pjrcmoore
Jess
Cindy Pimpo
Karen G.
Carla K.
Dawn Hogue
Donna Feyen
Doree
Anna

And there you have it! All the winners! Don't despair if you didn't win. We will be doing another one in the fall, in October, and I am planning to participate by giving away The Silent Songbird. Thanks so much for entering! God bless!!!


6 comments:

Gianna said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner!! I would have loved to win. :( I didn't get a chance to enter.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the winner! :)

lee woo said...

You were born to win, but to be a winner,
you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. See the link below for more info.

#winner
www.ufgop.org

Gisela said...

Hi! I'm a 12-year old fan of your books. I must say, I have only known your great books since Christmas, but as soon as I looked at them, I knew I would love them.
I had a few questions. What is the re-telling for the Silent Songbird? In reading the summary, it struck me as no retelling familiar.
I have an idea, but maybe you already thought of it. Perhaps for a Regency Romance Spy Book, you could star Phoebe. It may sound odd, but I liked her. When she gets engaged to Daniel Dinklage she could think she would never be able to love again. (of course, she would have to mature a bit) Then a plot (anything you have in mind) unrolls and she is in the middle of it. As for the romance, (it may be predictable) is she actually falls in love with Mr. Dinklage. Or, if you want a different twist, Mr. Dinklage is the "bad guy".
It was just a suggestion. It is fine if you never use the idea, as it is quite unlikely.
I love your books!
Congrats on the lucky winner!

Melanie Dickerson said...

Hi, Gisela! The Silent Songbird is a Little Mermaid retelling. It's a very loose retelling, but you have the red-haired princess--although my "princess" is actually the ward of the king and not his daughter--and she gives up her voice in order to be free from the king wanting her to do what he wants. Also, she falls in love with a "prince" pretty much right off the bat--although my prince is actually the son of a wealthy lord, Ranulf le Wyse. And she saves him from drowning (although that's a bit of a spoiler! Oops) and . . . then it deviates quite a bit from the original story, but you know all my books end happily. :-)

I like your idea about Phoebe, and I'm glad you liked her. She really wasn't all bad, just spoiled and immature. I couldn't think of a way to make her the heroine of book 2, so I went ahead and gave her a "happy" ending with Daniel Dinklage. I think they were pretty well-suited for each other, in the end.

Gisela said...

Great! I'll get it from the library! <3 So excited!! :)