Saturday, July 09, 2011

ICRS, Christy Awards, and website problems

Monday I'll be signing copies of The Healer's Apprentice at the International Christian Retail Show--right after Karen Kingsbury. (Thank you, Karen, for drawing the crowd!) Should be fun. I've never been to the ICRS, but I'm very excited about it. There will be actual famous people there, like the Duggar family, Bethany Hamilton of Soul Surfer fame, and others. I will only be there one day, but I hope to post some pictures.

Monday night I will also be attending the Christy Award dinner, which should also be fun. Or at least nerve-wracking! It's really exciting to be a finalist, I must say.

And lastly, you may have noticed that my website is down and showing an error message. I have called the server about this and it is supposedly being fixed, but it is taking quite a long time. Grrrr. Right now I have no one to maintain my site, and I am pitiful, just pitiful, when it comes to anything having to do with making updates to a website. I tried once and it was not pretty. But the person I had hired to do my website and make updates has decided not to do it anymore, so if you or someone you know knows anything about HostGator or anything about websites, please, please, please let me know. I want to put the cover and trailer for my new book, The Merchant's Daughter, on my website, and I need help. Help, help, help. Please help the pitiful, old-fashioned author who has zero ability to work on a website.

Okay, end of pathetic-ness confessions and rants.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congrats on being a finalist on the Christy Award. I hope you win. The ICRS sounds like fun and I wish I could be there. There is another author I like going to it too. It would also be fun seeing Bethany Hamiltion. Sorry about your website problems and hope they get fixed soon.